An excellent opportunity has arisen for 3 Assistant Support Workers to join our team at one of our adapted homes providing supported living for eight individuals with learning disabilities, some of whom also have physical disabilities, in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.
We have 1 full time (37.5 hours per week) and 2 part time (15 &22.5 hours per week) roles available. Please note the 15 hour a week position is weekends only.
Working as part of a dedicated team, you`ll support service users with their day to day needs to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives. This will involve assisting individuals with:
- Personal care needs
- Mealtimes and social activities
- Attending appointments and maintaining their health and well-being
- Promoting skills and involvement including shopping and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning
- Support in any other areas of their daily living
As an Assistant Support Worker, you`ll follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a highly effective service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
You must hold a full UK Driving licence and have access to a car.
You`ll be a caring and enthusiastic individual with a `can-do` attitude, who is driven by the desire to make a difference and have the ability to recognise and understanding the needs of vulnerable adults with learning disabilities.
Desired qualities will include:
- Effective communicator using different methods according to the complex needs of those in your care.
- Previous experience as an Assistant Support Worker is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work shifts as part of a rota system, including some weekend and bank holiday working
- Teamwork and flexibility are key to the success of the services we provide, as is a clear commitment to equality and diversity
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service (Pro Rota for part time)
£9.30 per hour
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Access to a well-equipped gym at Head Office, Heml Hempstead
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
Closing date: Monday 12th April 2021
Interviews: Thursday 15th April 2021
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.