Job Title: Recycling Site Managers
Location: Recycling Centre in Hertfordshire - Potters Bar & Royston
Salary Range: £21,298 up to £24,955 pa
Hours: 40 hours per week (over 5 days)
Please note: Our shift rota will require you to work weekends and bank holidays (except Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
We are looking for a Site Manager to work at our Recycling Site in Potters Bar & Royston, to divert as much waste as possible from landfill and other residual disposal routes. The Site Manager will be enthusiastic, passionate and eager to be part of the team to take the Recycling Centre service onto higher levels of achievement.
What will I be doing?
As a Site Manager you will be providing an outstanding level of customer service, lead your team on site, to ensure operations exceed the standards required.
You will advise and assist members of the public on how to use the site in order to maximise recovery of materials they are depositing.
- Maintaining accurate records for the removal of materials from the site
- Controlling the exchange of containers by booking loads with the relevant person ensuring the site always has space to segregate and store material correctly
- Maintaining a tidy and organised site
- Ensuring Hertfordshire County Council complies fully with its legal duties in respect of the health, safety and welfare of its employees and service users
- Ensuring Hertfordshire County Council complies with the site permit and all applicable legislation.
In return we can offer you excellent pension and progression benefits whilst working for an organisation that values its employees and invests in training and career development opportunities.
With the potential to gain certifications including first aid and fire marshal training and health & safety and waste industry specific qualifications, we are looking for an enthusiastic team player who will be expected to join the current waste team to ensure operations exceed the standards required.
Ideally some prior mobile plant use is desirable but full training will be given for applicants.
For an informal discussion please contact Linda Whitehead, Senior Waste Management Project Officer on 01992 556184.
Closing Date: 12th April
Interview Date: 21st April – 23rd April 2021