Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
The position is a 12 month contract within Residents Services
Fantastic opportunity to work in the Flood Risk field with, and support, the Flood and Water Management Team to reduce flood risk across the London Borough of Hillingdon.
The main focus of this vital and influential role will require you to act as a project manager in developing and implementing the many flood risk management projects the Council has been successful in securing on the Regional Flood and Coastal Committee Programme in order to reduce flood risk to residents. Support the FWMO in seeking external funding to carry out flood risk management works and to manage these projects. This role will require you to develop bids for funding from various sources such as FCERM Grant in Aid and Levy. Support the assessment and implementation of options for flood risk management with partners and contractors.
You will be a self starter capable of managing your own workload and prioritising work appropriately, as well as working within a team. The applicant must have confidence in dealing with the public, and be capable of communicating complex technical matters clearly.
The successful candidate will have experience and knowledge of flood risk management and be able to demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to work with others in solving problems.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.