Brighter Futures for Children
Education Service - School Admissions Team
Part-time: 25 hours per week
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Brighter Futures for Children is an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services to children and families in Reading.
We are recruiting a School Admissions Assistant to join their School Admissions Team. You will be working in an exceptionally busy team dedicated to ensuring that school admissions procedures are carried out efficiently.
Experience of working in a team with a customer facing role with a high level of IT competency and data accuracy is essential for this post. This can be a very rewarding role in which excellent communication skills, attention to detail and appropriate use of initiative will provide an invaluable contribution in serving the needs of local children and their families.
These are complex areas of work with deadlines which must be met. There are times of the year when the workload is particularly heavy and deadlines clash, therefore, the ability to manage workload to meet targets is essential.
The school admission assistant role is:
- To organise the distribution of application packs for both primary and secondary school admissions.
- To accurately enter data and verify applications and other relevant information into the Capita One system for school admissions within the nationally defined timescales including.
- To liaise with internal services: Special Educational Needs, School Transport, Early Years and Children’s Social Care Teams.
The school admission assistant is required to have:
- 5 GCSE’s, A Level (A*-C) or equivalent or appropriate experience and will have excellent ICT, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Experience of working in a professional customer care environment
- Experience of working in a busy office environment either in education or another service sector organisation or one governed by legislation and legal processes.
For more information on this role, please contact Victoria Hannington – School Admissions Team Manager on 0118 937 3777 or by email email@example.com
Closing date: 18 April 2021
Interview date: 05 May 2021