Careers Co-ordinator and Adviser level 6 qualified.
An experienced Careers Adviser is required to take on the joint role of Careers Co-ordinator and Adviser in a Waltham Forest secondary school for September 2021 start.
Working with the school Careers Lead you will:
- Administer the work experience programme
- Keep careers information up to date
- Organise internal activities e.g. a careers fair, mock interview day.
- Run Compass evaluation & planning tool every term to monitor progress in meeting the Gatsby Benchmarks
- Liaise with education providers, employers & LEAN East Enterprise Adviser
- Support the Careers Lead to plan the careers programme
- Provide personal careers guidance face to face, virtually, and via small group sessions.
The position is for 4 days a week term-time only. Initially for one academic year, this is likely to be an on-going contract.
Applicants must hold one of the qualifications listed on the role profile.
Employee benefits include access to the local government pension scheme, employee assistance programme, & discounted rates with local & national suppliers
Appointments are subject to LBWF receiving an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service that they consider acceptable.
Bursting with culture, energy and opportunity, Waltham Forest is a place people want to live, raise a family and start a business. It’s also a fantastic place to work as we provide key services and deliver exciting programmes that improve the lives of our residents including the Mayor of London’s first-ever Borough of Culture. Waltham Forest was the MJ Local Authority of the Year 2019 so expect high standards.
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives:
- Promoting equality of opportunity
- Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
- Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels.
- Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.
To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting.
The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy
How to apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council