What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Tenancy Sustainment Officer to join us at Optivo. This is an exciting role that will be to support and work with a caseload of clients to provide a robust intensive housing management service in order to support the most vulnerable tenants to maintain their otherwise at risk tenancy.
You’ll be at the forefront in leading and developing excellent working relationships with key partners, finding opportunities for additional funds. Embracing and promoting Optivo’s culture, C.O.R.E values and behaviours, creating an environment which is supportive and a place where it’s enjoyable to work.
What you’ll need
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in a front facing customer focused role.
- Excellent knowledge of housing law, rights of tenants and laws relating to repairs and safeguarding.
- In depth understanding of issues affecting vulnerable people
- Proven track record of developing and building relationships with external providers and with partner organisations.
- Knowledge of social housing and exceptional customer service skills.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 13th April 2021 at midnight
Shortlisting date: Monday 19th April 2021
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams video link and will take place week commencing Monday 26th April 2021.
Please note that Managers will not have visibility of your CV upon application. Please ensure that you complete all application questions in full.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual.
We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.