We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Care team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality support we provide. We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to peoples’ lives, each and every day.
Join our Care team as a Laundry Assistant
Working in Care can be demanding, but our colleagues are always kind and compassionate no matter what challenges they encounter. As part of our team you will be doing work you can be proud of, ensuring the safety and happiness of our customers in their home. We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Laundry Assistant in Hitchin.
Location: Hitchin, Bedfordshire
Salary: £9.30/ hour
Working hours: 28 hours per week. 4 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Assist in sorting washing into relevant groups and action as required through the washer, dryer and iron
• Ensure the laundry room is kept clean and tidy at all times
• Ensure Health & Safety standards are maintained at all times
• Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained
• Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is
positive and friendly. The successful candidate will:
• Be highly organised with strong time management skills
• Be able to work alone as well as within a team
• Have a keen eye for detail
• Have knowledge of COSHH and infection control protocols
• As our residents are at the core of what we do, you should have excellent communication skills in order to provide the best possible service to our customers.
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
• Salary: £9.30/ hour
• Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (this is pro rata’d depending on hours worked)
• Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all
• Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
• Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your
• Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
• Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
• We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family
• Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
• Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Care team.