Required for: January 2022
The Governing Board is seeking to appoint a Head of School to lead the Junior school, working in partnership with our Executive Headteacher, our feeder Infant and Nursery School and our wider Federation community.
Overview of the school:
Lathom is part of the Newham ‘family of schools’ and is a successful, well-resourced, popular five-form entry Junior School in East Ham. It is at the heart of a local community that has a rich and varied cultural and ethnically diverse makeup - the celebration of our many cultures and languages spoken is a key and valued activity.
Our school is a magnificent Victorian building built in 1897 (which we love) and is maintained to a very high standard.
Partnerships are a strength, particularly those with our families, who wholeheartedly support the school in its delivery of a broad, balanced and ambitious curriculum, which puts children at the centre of school life.
Our children are confident and relaxed learners who surprise us every day, they are proud of their school and are enthusiastic advocates of all that they achieve. We are fully committed to ensuring that every child is able to access opportunities that enable them to not only celebrate their own success, but that of others too.
We strive for excellence in all that we do.
We are looking for someone who:
- is committed to providing the best education, experiences and opportunities to children at Lathom
- has a proven track record of raising and maintaining high levels of achievement for all children
- is a people person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is willing to take risks
- can think creatively and who has a commitment to working collaboratively with all members of our immediate and wider school community
- can lead, inspire and support colleagues through professional development and promotion of well-being – identifying potential in others, those who can be our future leaders
- has excellent pedagogy and expertise in curriculum design and delivery
- has an understanding of how children learn best, backed up by research
- has a proven record of raising standards
- has experience/skills in coaching and mentoring, enabling staff to give their best
- is well read and interested in current research, educational theory and practice
In return we offer you:
- Happy, relaxed and motivated children who engage fully in and enjoy their learning, and who are supported to do so by their parents/families
- A creative CPD offer
- Opportunities to work in partnership with a range of professionals
- An innovative and outward looking curriculum that enthuses and engages children and adults
- A staff body committed to improving outcomes for all of our children, who work hard, challenge, support and enjoy working collaboratively with each other
Visits are welcomed; please contact Executive Headteacher, Sarah Rowlands (07415 800030) to find out more.
Job pack can be downloaded from the school's website https://www.lathom.newham.sch.uk/page/?title=Vacancies&pid=1046
Shortlisting and Interview:
Closing date: 14th May 2021
Shortlisting: 18th May
Interviews: 28th May
Altmore & Lathom Schools Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our children and employees. We expect all staff to share this commitment. References will be obtained before the interview and the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Altmore & Lathom Schools Federation supports Equal Opportunities Employment.