Designated Safeguarding Lead
Required for September 2021 (An earlier start date is possible)
Hours of Work: 15 hours a week – Term Time Only + 3 days
Monday – Friday: 9:15am – 12:15pm
Salary: NJC Point 15 £23,541 (Pro Rata)
Location: Bursar Primary Academy, Clee Road, Cleethorpes, DN35 9HU. Telephone: 01472 691798
NOR 236 + 26 FS1 FTE
Have you got a background in social care? Do you have existing safeguarding knowledge and/or transferrable skills from a non-school or school setting? If you are determined to make a difference and support children's future life chances, this is the role for you.
Previous safeguarding experience is essential for this role; a degree or higher qualification and relevant work experience in this field. The successful candidate must have excellent organisational skills and be able to build a rapport with parents and pupils.
Main duties will be to:
- Lead on safeguarding and child protection across the academy, coordinating referrals, arranging action and reviewing services for children and families.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and multi agencies through joint planning, training and monitoring of arrangements for the safeguarding and wellbeing of children.
- Coordinate early help and intervention to pupils and families.
- Attend relevant meetings to share information.
- Organise staff induction and training.
- Monitor pupil attendance.
- Work with parents and pupils to improve attendance.
Bursar Primary Academy can offer you:
- A welcoming academy with a dedicated and enthusiastic staff team.
- A committed and supportive governing body.
- Continuing professional development opportunities.
Please view the academy website – www.bursaracademy.co.uk - for an application form, job description and person specification. For any further information, please contact the Academy Business manager, Jo Arnold by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01472 691798. Completed applications should also be sent to email@example.com.
Closing date: 5pm – 14th April 2021
Interviews week beginning: 19th April 2021 TBC
Bursar Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an application to the disclosure and barring service.