Lime Trust is looking for a Cook Supervisor to join the friendly kitchen team within one of our schools. The Trust consists of 8 schools, 4 special and 4 primary, in Cambridgeshire and North and East London. This post will be primarily based in one of the Trust schools within the London Borough of Waltham Forest.
This post will be based at Lime Academy Larkswood, a lively and diverse three-form entry primary school with nursery located in the London Borough of Waltham Forest, a thriving, vibrant community on the Epping Forest borders. With a modern building, outstanding facilities and a team of innovative, experienced and dedicated staff.
Vision and values
The Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school-to-school collaboration and Trust direction, high challenge and high support. All schools in the Trust strive to improve life chances for all and be respected in their local communities.
The Lime Way:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting children first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity-rich schools
The Values we embed in our schools are:
- Communication (a voice for all)
The successful candidate
You will lead a team that supports high quality education at one of our schools by providing outstanding food and customer service to the pupils and staff at the school. We are looking for a candidate who will share our passion for delivering the best service, and exciting, fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis to pupils and employees. The successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- that they have led and managed a small team
- experience of planning menus, staff rotas and stock monitoring
- experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- a good knowledge of food standards regulations, including allergen management
- good understanding of Health & Safety, COSHH and food hygiene regulations/legislation
The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration, support and development, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike. Benefits include:
- A welcoming and supportive team
- Hardworking, motivated, supportive colleagues and leadership teams
- Employee assistance programme
- CPD opportunities, including support with external courses for career development
- Enhanced maternity leave benefits
- National pay rates
- Cycle to work scheme
Visits to our schools are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit from the 19 April 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check). References will be taken up before appointment.