Salary: £54,756 to £65,858 Per Year
Commissioning is a key function at Reading Borough Council to help improve the opportunities and outcomes for Adult Social Care & Health service users. Within this role you will be providing operational and strategic leadership of the Directorate’s Commissioning and Personal Budget Support Services.
About the role
We’re looking for an inspirational and proactive leader to head up the Commissioning and Personal Budget Support Service.
You’ll provide leadership to a team of Senior Officers and support them to develop and deliver their workplan, thereby supporting the delivery of the Directorate’s strategic priorities. As such, we’re looking for a someone who can develop strategic documents – but who can also demonstrate a strong track record of delivery.
We’ll need you to oversee all aspects of the Service’s work – from needs assessments through to procurements, service re-designs and contract monitoring - ensuring all are compliant with Council’s governance arrangements and the Directorate’s business processes.
You will be aware of the challenges and opportunities that working within a Local Authority during difficult times can bring. As such, beyond the “business as usual” aspects of running a successful service, you will have experience of joint commissioning / closer working with Health colleagues; delivering or supporting ambitious Transformation or Savings programmes; and rolling out new ways of working within a team or externally amongst Providers.
You will have demonstrable experience of managing and developing teams and successfully delivering a service-wide portfolio of functions. An ability to navigate services through periods of change (understanding stakeholders’ priorities and balancing them against the needs of your service) will be key to successfully delivering the role.
Your technical knowledge will encompass all aspects of the commissioning cycle, best practice in commissioning and relevant regulations and legislation.
Your subject knowledge will include an understanding of the following markets – Public Health; Supported Living; Homecare; Day Services; Care Homes; Extra Care; Voluntary Sector; services for young adults which will help you to make an immediate impact.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 30 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
For an informal discussion please contact Melissa Wise on Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org or 07580 871 066 if you would like to know more about this role.
Closing date: 11th April 2021
Interview date: 28th April 2021
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.