Head of Asset Management
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Property Services team is knowledgeable, skilled, friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high quality of service we provide.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-
for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Property Services team
Housing sits at the heart of our organisation. We believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. Our Property Services team is crucial in helping us deliver on this vision.
The team works on the provision and maintenance of our large portfolio of properties. This demands strong organisational skills and the ability to work collaboratively with customers, other teams and external service providers.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Head of Asset Management. Your responsibilities will include:
Compliance, program and stock data is fundamental to a well governed landlord service. Act as an Asset Data Steward for Asset data, its governance, data change process, data quality and ‘field of view’ (dash-boarding). You will be a lead for maximising the systems use and capability, its adoption in our wider business, implementing innovative solutions to enhance the intelligence we can gain from our data and the methodologies and systems.
Accountable for the timely production and publication of the annual, 5 year and 30 year maintenance plan. This will include collaboration with finance, housing and property inputting into the process, and that programs of work maintain, improve and protect our core asset value.
Drive forward maintenance plans by being accountable for the verification, design and delivery of One Housing property stock condition surveys; including maintaining the central database, meeting recommended practice and that asset condition is confirmed through an appropriate level of physical access and validation
Accountable for the directorate Procurement Strategy; to include an ongoing review of all commercial arrangements and partnerships, to help manage the risks for the business and support Value and Quality for Money ‘VQFM’. Review property maintenance and improvement services, to ensure quality and best value is achieved through annual budgets
Accountable for the implementing and benchmarking of agreed current and future One Housing Homes and Estate Standards, appraising assets against key agreed metrics across existing, acquired and newly built assets.
Accountable for developing a priority list of poorly performing Assets that are not viable due to the level of investment required. Liaise and agree with all relevant parties over appropriate levels of asset intervention required.
Provide leadership and management to the direct team and a matrix of stakeholders to deliver an Asset service model which is best in class.
As a Senior Leader, contribute toward the success of the wider COO directorate being a ‘centre of excellence’ for the provision of customer centric professional services in strategic and specialist Asset Management
Foster a high performance culture that maximises productivity, staff engagement and services to internal and external customers that underpins great customer services.
Be able to communicate and influence at all levels within and outside of the organisation.
Deploy strong matrix management skills in order to solve complex business challenges that effect a range of departments, customers and stakeholders.
Ensure that effective strategies, staffing structures and resources are in place to deliver property services that fully comply with legislation, regulatory and governing requirements.
Carry out line management responsibilities in accordance with agreed procedures at One Housing.
Observe and comply with One Housing's policies and procedures and observe and continually promote equality and inclusion and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
This is an overview of the job and will be periodically reviewed and updated to ensure that the job description fully reflects the responsibilities required of the post holder.
What you will need to succeed
- Demonstrable track record of senior leadership experience in large and complex organisations
- Experience of strategic and active asset management activity
- Experience of managing, maintaining and supporting landlord compliance
- Experience of assessing and implementing improvements in a contractor / client environment
- Experience of commercial management within a housing provider or contractor environment
- Proven ability to plan and manage the workload of a client / contractor service delivering all reactive maintenance and specialist service contracts.
- Able to demonstrate a clear commitment to customer focus
- Knowledge of current and relevant building and health & safety legislation
- Contract knowledge, negotiation and OJEU procurement experience
- Experience of working with systems to create and manage multi-million-pound budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate at all levels
- Proven track record of staff management and development
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
• Salary: Upto £70,000
• Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all.
• Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year. (not for statutory employees)
• Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
• Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s.
• Well done! With our colleague recognition programme, you will know when you have done a #greatjob.
• Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
• We are here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family.
• Stay book smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
• Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a stro