Care and Support Assistant
At One Housing, we don’t only believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. We also believe that everyone deserves to realise their full potential and lead a fulfilling life.
Our Mental Health team is vital to helping us deliver on this vision. We work to transform the life experience of people with mental health support needs. The support we provide is delivered in a range of settings (like supported housing, assessment centres and outreach) and our customers’ support needs can include psychosis, forensic and personality disorders.
Join our Mental Health team as a Care and Support Assistant
We have spent the last 10 years designing our services to be fully psychologically informed. Most of our services have specialist therapeutic input and colleagues have access to specialised mental health training delivered by MH professionals. All our services provide regular reflective practice spaces to our colleagues to formulate complex cases and find constructive ways forward. All these measures make us the ideal partner for NHS trusts across London with whom we deliver several integrated services.
We believe in providing care and support to our clients that will enable them to make informed decisions about their life that will increase their sense of wellbeing: this might be greater independence, better coping strategies or a richer network and sense of self achievement. We offer you the chance to develop your own skills through regular line management supervision, reflective practice, access to a ten-day course on relevant mental health topics and working together with your specialist colleagues.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Care and Support Assistant to join us in our Camden based care home under the mental health pathway. You will work as part of an established, knowledgeable team that support up to 13 clients that suffer with mental health and physical needs.
• Location: Camden, London
• Salary: £20,962.50 per annum (10.75/ hour)
• Contract: Full time, permanent- 37.5 hours per week
• Shifts: 7:30am-3:30pm, 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm, 10am-6pm, 1pm-9pm or 2pm-10pm. 2 out of 3 weekends working.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Supporting/providing personal care
• Key working- ensure that their weekly schedules are bespoke and in line with their activities and needs
• Encouraging clients to engage and be an active part of the local community
• Support with general day to day living tasks including cooking
• Administering medication
• Keeping customer files accurate and up to date
• Completing risk assessments and support planning
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly, engaged and committed to achieving great outcomes for our customers. The successful candidate will have:
• Experience of working with vulnerable people with a range of needs in a support capacity
• NVQ Level 3 in health and social care or willing to work towards it
• A degree in health and social care – desirable
• Experience in administering medication
• Confident to occasionally cook for the service users (as part of the training you would complete a food hygiene course)
• Good communication skills and the ability to engage with, and respect the needs of, vulnerable people
• Able to commit to the rolling rota, which includes evenings and weekends
• Be caring, understanding and patient
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
Salary: £20,962.50 per annum (10.75/ hour)
Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave
Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
Well done! With our colleague recognition programme, you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this position, please apply now to avoid missing out!