Location: South Area Office, Ascot Drive, Derby
Closing Date: midnight on Sunday 18 April 2021
Employment Type: Temporary until approximately February 2022 to cover Maternity Leave
Working as part of the Protection Department providing support to the Protection, Prevention and Response Portfolios within DFRS. Dealing with all aspects of administration in a busy office environment you must have a confident, positive and flexible approach, be able to work as part of a team but also be self-motivated and use your own initiative. The environment is often dynamic and requires a high level of task management and task prioritisation. You must be able to deal with more than one task at a time and be comfortable with challenging work and variety.
All of our Administrator roles require the following essential skills and experience:
- Professional written and oral communication skills at all levels.
- Commitment to teamwork and team performance with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Coordination and facilitation of meetings and events including minute taking.
- Good organisation skills with experience of setting up and working with effective administration processes and systems.
- Excellent IT skills, especially in MS packages, databases and systems for managing information including collecting data, inputting and processing and analysing data.
- Excellent IT skills especially in MS packages, databases and systems for typing formatting and proofing documents.
The role will be based at our South Area Derby office with flexibility across service wide administration for personal development and to support business continuity, for which a pool car will be provided.
The normal working week for this role is 18.5 hours [Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday morning], however you may occasionally need to work beyond normal office hours. In return we offer flexible working hours, family friendly policies, free car parking, health & wellbeing services, discount scheme and eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme.
We are committed to equality and fairness at work. Applications are encouraged from all diverse communities.
A basic disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be requested for the successful applicant.
If you would like to find out more about the role please contact Lynne Bloomfield of 01332 777851 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for completed applications is midnight Sunday 18 April 2021. Interviews will be held on 29/30 April 2021 at Headquarters, Ripley.
If you have a disability and need assistance completing the application form, please contact the Service Centre on 01773 305441.