REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2021
Senior Teacher Maternity Cover to 15/07/2022
This is an exciting opportunity that has arisen to join an innovative, dedicated Senior Leadership Team to establish ‘outstanding’ provision at Castle View Primary School, covering maternity leave for our current KS2 lead teacher. Castle View Primary School is a good school with a highly motivated team who are open to sharing ideas and developing themselves.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a caring, enthusiastic and skilled teacher with a proven record of excellent classroom practice. Applicants must be highly motivated and committed to the highest standards of pupil attainment and achievement.
We are seeking to appoint a highly effective and reflective classroom practitioner. Candidates should be experienced and have a commitment to raising attainment across the school to ensure that all pupils succeed. They should be highly motivated with a desire to continually develop their own leadership and management skills through leading core subjects across the school as well as being the lead person for KS2. We encourage applicants with experience of KS2.
We require a Teacher and Leader who is outstanding at:
- Leading a whole school strategic vision and development of the curriculum alongside the Head of School.
- Leading staff training, coaching and mentoring staff.
- Writing and evaluating action plans and reporting to governors.
- Leading assessment for the whole school community alongside SLT.
- Excellent teaching that is highly effective and inspiring and where pupils are motivated and engaged.
- Using excellent subject knowledge to consistently challenge pupils and contribute to their excellent progress.
- Providing excellent opportunities for investigation, exploration, problem solving, practical work, experimenting, visits, visitors and use of the environment to promote enjoyment in learning.
- Effectively, systematically and continually checking pupils’ understanding and intuitively responding at the point of need.
- Promoting independent learning and anticipating well where they need to intervene.
- Employing assessment strategies to assess all pupils’ progress and attainment and act to ensure progress.
We can offer you:
- A school graded by Ofsted as ‘Good’.
- A school recognised by Ofsted as having Excellence in teaching English.
- A highly committed, enthusiastic, friendly, supportive and professional staff.
- Friendly, well behaved children.
- Positive and supportive relationships with the local community.
- Continuous professional development.
- A well-resourced and inspiring teaching environment.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and very welcomed. Please contact the school’s office to arrange on 01928 563970.
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th April 2021 at 12pm.
Short listing will take place on Friday 30th April with short listed candidates being informed of an interview date following this.
Unfortunately, we are unable to give feedback for unsuccessful applicants.
The school has a strong commitment to equal opportunity and to the safeguarding of children.
The successful applicant will be required to complete an Enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure.
At Castle View we aim to welcome each learner into a happy, secure and stimulating environment where high standards are expected, practised and achieved.