Job Title: Educational Psychologist
Location: Various based in Hertfordshire
Salary Range: £40,949 - £50,139 pa + market forces payment (pro rata)
Hours: Full time/ Part time/ Variable Hours available
Contract: Fixed Term - Maternity Cover
We are looking to extend our workforce of outstanding, innovative and creative Educational Psychologists.
Do you want to be part of a large and vibrant EP service that directly impacts the life outcomes of Hertfordshire’s children and young people? If yes, we would like to meet with you. Come and join our large, innovative, dynamic and reflective service and support our work on behalf of Hertfordshire’s children and young people (0-25 years).
In Return We offer:
• Up to 36 days annual leave (pro rata)
• Additional Market Forces payment of £3000 (pro rata) paid over 2 payments per year. Terms apply
• ‘SEND Support’ intervention through a Consultation model of service delivery
• Regular CPD opportunities: Learning Sets, professional networking & development, Service, County and external events, reflective supervision and Quality Assurance activities
• Opportunities to participate in countywide initiatives, such as policies on dyslexia, promoting well-being, and embedding the SCERTS framework
• Team desks and storage, with flexible EP team based administrative support
• Being part of a broad multi-disciplinary integrated local team, working closely with SEND Officers, Early Years Practitioners, Specialist Teachers, and Attendance Officers
• Free parking
• Strong links with university courses
• A varied workforce, including Principal Education Psychologists, Deputy Principal Educational Psychologists, Senior EPs, Trainee EPs, Psychology Assistants, and Admin Support Officers
• Relocation package if eligible (quick access from Hertfordshire to London by train from all team areas)
- Work/life balance and staff wellbeing
- Flexibility of working practices
- Prioritisation of professional and peer supervision
- Keeping up to date with, and contributing to, research and evidence-based practice
- Staff views and collaboration to develop our Service to promote the impact made to children and young people’s life outcomes
For further information or you would like informal chat please email PEP@hertfordshire.gov.uk
- Qualified (to Doctorate level or equivalent qualification), HCPC registered, Educational Psychologists.
- The ability to converse easily with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential.
- Regular access to a car is required, so you can travel to assessments in the community and meetings at other sites.
Closing Date: Monday 26th April 2021
Interview Date: Wednesday 5th May 2021
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: PEP@hertfordshire.gov.uk