0.4 Non-teaching SENCO, temporary in the first instance. M Scale
Are you passionate about providing only the best for every child, forward thinking and dynamic? Then this may be the role for you.
Christleton Primary school is a fantastic and vibrant place to work. It is a happy, energetic, forward thinking, and successful community school where values matter. We are situated in the heart of Christleton, a small village on the outskirts of Chester.
We are seeking to appoint a 0.4 non-teaching SENCO. The post will be temporary in the first instance with the view to becoming permanent and will be paid on the M scale. You will work in partnership with the head and deputy in the decision making and leadership of SEND across the school. This post is for two days a week (days are negotiable) and will start in September 2021.
We offer a welcoming, vibrant and supportive environment and are fully committed to professional development. A thorough handover and indication will be provided.
We are seeking a positive, knowledgeable and proactive person who embraces the schools’ values and strive for the best for every child.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Qualified teacher status
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of the statutory requirements of the SEND Code of Practice and practical application strategies for meeting the special educational needs of students
- Experience of working with children with SEND and EHCPs.
- Experience of working within a primary school (Key stage one and two)
- Experience of working with young people who have additional social, emotional and/or mental health needs.
- The ability to form strong partnerships with parents and offer them the support, advice, and the reassurance they often seek in ensuring their child’s needs are being met.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Confidence in the use of data to analyse and evaluate performance, presenting information to a variety of audiences.
If you feel that you fit the criteria please apply using the attached application form and email it directly to the Headteacher at firstname.lastname@example.org along with an accompanying letter of no more than two sides of A$ paper stating why you feel you are suitable for this post and meet the criteria.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. All applicants will be required to produce two suitable referees as part of the application.
Covid secure school visits
We encourage all potential applicants to visit the school in order for candidates to appreciate the expectations and aspirations of our school community.
Week commencing April 19th
Please contact school via email to register your interest – email@example.com
noon 26th April 2021
Week commencing April 26th
Thank you for your interest, we hope to welcome you to our school.