The Governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic, organised, motivated and flexible Teaching Assistant to join our school family.
Paid weeks per year: 47.15 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: June 2021 (or September 2021 if preferred by successful applicant)
About the role
The successful applicant will:
- provide in class support within one year group, during the mornings, and deliver various pre planned interventions during afternoons
- support children with a range of needs, including those with SEND
- work under the direction of the class teacher and INCo as well as being required to use their own initiative
- have good communication skills, an interest in child development as well as high expectations and aspirations for all
- support the Catholic ethos of our school
In addition to the above, the successful applicant will:
- supervise whole classes occasionally during the short-term absence of teachers and have evidence of doing this with success
- have expertise in specific areas of need, or curriculum subjects, and be able to show impact of developing other TAs using this knowledge. For example, hold a Forest School qualification, have specific English or Maths skills set or an ability to mentor others in areas such as Autism, Dyslexia or Social, Emotional and Mental Health
Cottesmore St Mary is a nurturing and supportive school that values every member of the school family. We provide a personalised range of training and opportunities to ensure that all members of staff are able to learn and develop through our culture of growth.
Cottesmore St Mary Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: 26th April
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 3rd May
Please contact Anna Mullans if you wish to discuss this role further by emailing email@example.com
Please ensure you apply with Catholic Education form, downloaded from below or Catholic Education Website
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
The Upper Drive, Hove, BN3 6NB, email: Natashacamilleri@cottesmore.brighton-hove.sch.uk
School Office: (01273) 555811
The application pack is also obtainable from Natasha Camilleri by emailing Natashacamilleri@cottesmore.brighton-hove.sch.uk or calling the school office
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is less than 37 hours or term-time only.
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.