NURSERY OFFICER (Qualified)
Full Time – 37 hours
RG3, SCP 5 – 11, gateway at 9
Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, Kennet Day Nursery is a well-established work place day nursery for Reading Borough Council employees situated in the Civic offices.
About the role
We are looking to recruit a permanent posts for the Nursery. You should be committed to delivering high quality care to our children and families.
- You will need to have a warm and caring attitude.
- You should be creative, dynamic and a good communicator with a flexible approach to your work.
- Applicants should have experience of working with children and must hold a relevant Level 2/3 qualification in early years or childcare.
- The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of the EYFS and demonstrates a commitment to safeguarding and providing childcare in a non-discriminatory and inclusive manner.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
- A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including;
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years.
For further information, or to arrange a visit to the nursery, please contact us on 0118 937 2509.
Closing Date: 25th April
Interviews: w/c 26th April
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.