THE ROYAL LIBERTY SCHOOL
part of The Success for All Education Trust
Upper Brentwood Road, Romford, Essex RM2 6HJ
Headteacher: Ms April Saunders BSc (Hons)
ICT Systems Manager
Hours: 36 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. 26 days p/a annual leave entitlement, increasing to 29 days after 5 years of service.
Grade: SO1 points 23 - 25
Salary: £30,585 to £31,557 p.a.
Required for a June 2021 start
The Royal Liberty School where “pupils are well behaved, respectful and courteous” and “parents value the sense of community, which is palpable throughout the school” (OFSTED February 2019).
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic ICT Systems Manager with responsibility for the efficient and effective day to day running of the school’s ICT system. The school uses a variety of educational software and IT platforms which include SIMS, Google Classroom and Microsoft Office.
Successful candidates will have:
- Proven IT skills to include hardware and software installation, upgrade and maintenance
- The ability to support others and work as part of a team
- Proven record of developing and maintaining efficient IT systems ideally in a school setting
- Line management/supervisory experience
- Proven hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience
- Good understanding of the impact of Health and Safety and Data Protection legislation in the context of ICT
- High level of team, interpersonal and communication skills
- A logical, calm, organised approach to problem solving
- The ability to manage time effectively, delegating tasks as appropriate, multitasking and working to tight deadlines
- A high level of initiative, enthusiasm and willingness to work in a collaborative manner
The Royal Liberty School is a small, comprehensive, 11-16 school for boys. We occupy a Grade II* listed building on a very pleasant site. As part of the Priority Schools Building Programme and Local Authority expansion we will be undergoing a full refurbishment of the school, due to be ready for September 2021, this is an exciting time to join our team.
If you are looking to advance your career in a small, friendly supportive school and are committed to providing the very best experience for our students we would love to meet you. If you would like to speak to the Trust Business Manager, Mrs T. Barrett, please feel free to contact the school. We welcome visitors to the school from potential applicants.
Royal Liberty School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All adults who work at the school must share this commitment to young people. We are part of the Success for All Educational Trust with Redden Court School and Sanders Draper School.
As an employee you will be covered by our excellent well-being support and medical cover programme through the School Advisory Service (SAS).
- Access 24 hours a day to a GP helpline where you can have a telephone conversation for you and close relatives.
- Access to Physiotherapy
- Access to a counselling service
- Free 12 week Weight Management Programme
- Support for stress management
- Lifestyle Screening
- Relationship Counselling
- Long-term condition support - support for you and family members where you or a member of your family is suffering from a long-term condition such as cancer, Multiple Sclerosis or Motor Neurones disease. This list is not exhaustive.
- Private Medical Service
- Stress Counselling.
As an employer we are committed to promoting career development and recognise hard work and effort. This is evident in the staff testimonials.
Further details can be downloaded from our website www.royalliberty.co.uk or from Ms. C. Valentine, HR Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01708 730141 ext: 215.
For details on how to apply and download an application form please visit: https://www.sfaet.co.uk/work-with-us/vacancies. Applications can be received by email to email@example.com or post.
Alternatively please visit https://ats-haveringschools.jobsgopublic.com where you are able to apply online via the Jobs Go Public portal.
Closing Date: Friday 16th April 2021 at 12pm
Initial virtual interviews will take place on Monday 26th April 2021
2nd in person interviews with tasks will take place on Wednesday 28th April 2021
“We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community regardless of gender, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age or sexual orientation.”