Do you have working experience of handling or caring for dogs? Are you a strong communicator with experience of conflict resolution with members of the public? Then read on!
This is a great opportunity to join our friendly and hardworking team. You will be dealing with stray/lost dogs, carrying out regular patrols of the boroughs roads, open spaces and parks and being prepared to issue Fixed Penalty Notices for dog fouling and breaches of local dog related PSPO’s (Public Space Protection Orders) where necessary. You will also be responsible for Microchipping dogs where necessary, visiting kennels with and on behalf of licensing officers and dealing with outside agencies such as RSPCA, Surrey Police, Vets and Raven Housing Trust.
You will also be required to complete administrative duties which includes processing invoices and the use of Outlook, Word and Excel to complete these responsibilities.
About the person:
- You should have working experience of handling and caring for dogs of different sizes and temperaments, including dangerous/aggressive dogs - Essential
- You will need to be a self-motivated individual who is confident dealing with dogs and members of the public - Essential
- You will be an enforcement led organised professional person who is up to date with relevant legislation - Preferable
- You will have a good knowledge of the borough’s parks and open spaces - Preferable
- You will have experience if dealing with outside agencies such as RSPCA, Surrey Police, Vets and Raven Housing Trust - Preferable
- You should be able to raise and issue invoices and have experience of Outlook, Word and Excel - Essential
- You will posses a full manual driving licence – Essential
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
If any of the above appeals and you feel you are the right person to undertake a challenging but rewarding position, then we would like to hear from you!
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 25th April 2021 @ 23:59
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.