About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a part time (22.5 hours) Support Worker at our Registered Care Home in Hoddesdon. Haslewood Avenue is a care home for eight people with learning disabilities, some of whom have physical disabilities and challenging behaviours.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as an Assistant Support Worker is to provide support and independence and encourage residents to experience the same opportunities which are available to all members of society.
It is essential that you are able to work to a rota and preferably you will have a driving licence and access to a vehicle for work.
You do not need sector experience as we provide a structured induction and comprehensive training to support you with your role and you will have the opportunity to gain an accredited vocational qualification.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to peoples needs.
You will need to be able to:
- Work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working.
- Work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support.
- Be flexible in your approach to work.
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity.
- Take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £13,257pa for a 22.5 hour a week contract plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of an Assistant Support Worker please click apply below.
Closing date: Tuesday 20th April 2021
Interview dates: TBC
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.