DEPUTY HEADTEACHER AND CLASS TEACHER – 3 DAYS A WEEK IN CLASS, 2 DAYS OUT OF CLASS
REQUIRED FROM 1st SEPTEMBER 2021
Salary Scale: L7-L11
£57,003.00 - £62,066.00
St John's is a ‘Good’ one form entry Church of England School. It is a nurturing and inclusive Centre for learning, with committed staff and governors, and links that are fostered with the Parish and wider community. We strive for every child to achieve highly, achieving the best possible outcomes for them as individuals. We take pride in our caring ethos,where everyone feels equally valued. Visitors describe us as a very happy family. We continually seek to establish a strong moral compass in each child through values-based learning. Our curriculum is values-based and language rich in response to the changing community we serve. Ofsted have praised pupils for their behavior in our recent inspection.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic leader and outstanding practitioner that can further inspire and drive our school forward. We welcome applications from individuals who are ambitious in their career and, as a member of our team, we will provide excellent CPD opportunities.
We need an enthusiastic and energetic Deputy Headteacher who:
- Is committed to maintaining, and supporting the further development of St John’s and our ethos as a Church of England school
- Has excellent inter-personal skills and can lead and inspire colleagues
- Will raise achievement across the school in all areas of the curriculum, while making learning fun
- Will help develop each child to their full potential
- Will lead assessment within the school, using this to raise attainment and ensure progress for all children
- Will help develop the use of our exquisite multi-media suite, comprising of a recording studio, radio station and green screen
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting our School Business Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. These can only be conducted after the school day.
An application pack is available on the school’s website: www.sjb.lewisham.sch.uk or from Joyce Joseph, SBM at email@example.com
Completed applications can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy to the school office.
Closing date: Wednesday 28th April 2021 – 17:00
If you are successfully shortlisted, you will be provided with information on the interview process.
Our school is strongly committed to the principle of equality of opportunity.
St John Baptist CE School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and
volunteers to share this commitment. We are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore the successful candidate will be
required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as well as qualifications and reference checks.