Special Projects & Defects Manager
Salary: MM2 £48,078 to £61,497
X1 Permanent, Full time (36 hours) positions
We are recruiting! During 2020-21 we have redesigned our services and teams to ensure that we can deliver on our promise to residents to deliver, safe, sustainable and quality homes for the future.
We are now recruiting a number of exciting new roles across our Asset Management and Capital Programme teams, to support, design and deliver of our asset, building safety and sustainability programmes.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Programme Manager to join the team to lead on the delivery of the Council’s high-profile Building Safety and sustainability programmes over the next three-year period, to a value of circa £65 million.
These projects will have a significant impact on improving homes across the borough and delivering safe, secure and sustainable homes to hundreds of residents.
To succeed in this role, you will be an experienced programme manager, with extensive knowledge of delivering high profile, complex projects using a wide range of procurement methodologies, from Design and Build to Construction management.
It is imperative that you have strong leadership and communication skills, in order to develop effective working relationships with stakeholders, consultants and residents and to clearly communicate the Councils objectives and ensure the successful delivery of contracts.
Previous experience of working in Local Government or social housing would be beneficial, as you will need to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders. As such an understanding of the interface between the Capital programme team Housing Management, day to day repairs and Leaseholder Services functions, would be beneficial.
You will need to demonstrate a high standard of customer service and have an awareness of the emerging Building Safety legal framework. A level 3 fire safety qualification is desirable, but the successful candidate will be supported with training as part of the induction process.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 4th May 2021
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Paul O'Donnell on 0208 132 0696 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or firstname.lastname@example.org