Parks & Open Spaces Specialist
We are looking to recruit a passionate Play and Parks Officer to lead on the management of our parks and open spaces. Working in partnership with the grounds maintenance contract team and our contractors you will help to ensure access to quality public open spaces and play facilities across the borough. The chosen applicant will have the opportunity to help shape our public open spaces and the services we offer.
As part of the Place Clienting team you will be a key team member working alongside passionate officers covering grounds maintenance, street cleansing and waste contracts as well as tree maintenance all with the goal of improving our environment and making these universal services work for our residents.
The role is on a 1-year fixed term contract with a possibility to extend.
Key duties & Responsibilities:
- Procuring and arranging maintenance of council assets within our public open spaces and play areas
- Responding to customer queries regarding play areas and public open spaces
- Working with the contract management and monitoring team to effectively manage play areas and public open spaces
- Solving problems and using judgement to make decisions regarding public open spaces and play areas
- Working collaboratively with the rest of the team to help provide quality public open spaces
- Manage health and safety for the work area including updating play area risk assessments.
- Liaising with various stakeholders to identify opportunities to enhance public open spaces
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience working with different stakeholders
- Experience managing play areas and/or public open spaces
- Knowledge of managing maintenance budgets
- ROSPA certified in playground specification
- Knowledge of play area inspection best practice
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Experience commissioning remedial and/or health and safety work
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Adept at working with various software systems
Full UK driving licence required
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. WBC is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please follow the link to the online Application Form. CV’s are not accepted.