Fixed Term until 31st March 2022
As part of our critical and ongoing COVID 19 Operations programme, we are looking for a full-time Data Specialist, to work within our GIS data team.
With a particular focus on GIS, you will be responsible for assisting in the development and support of GIS (ESRI) applications for the council, working very closely with a senior GIS Data Specialist to expand our service offering across departments.
Working with customers, Business Partners and ESRI you will ensure a robust and reliable service is provided.
We are looking for an individual that can evidence skills, knowledge and experience in the following areas:-
- Data management skills to manage GIS data in ESRI ArcGIS software and SQL
- Management of a governance process for data quality
- Development of GIS
- Analytical thinking
- Data capture and transformation
- Experience of working with business colleagues and associated stakeholder management skills desirable
- The ability to understand business requirements and translate these into potential technical deliverables
- Maintenance of up-to-date and accurate geospatial documentation
Closing Date: Sunday 25th April 2021, 11pm
For further information about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.