Are you a strong teacher who strives for excellence for all? We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Drama teacher with the energy and commitment to teach pupils of all abilities up to, and including, GCSE. The successful candidate will also be able to offer Music as a second subject to Year 7 and possibly Year 8. As the only person in the Department, the post will hold HOD responsibilities and as such this will be reflected in the addition of a TLR point.
This is an exciting opportunity to build a strong and effective Drama Department and to contribute to a growing Music Department. Applications from newly qualified teachers will be welcomed, as well as those from more experienced staff or those looking to return to teaching. An excellent induction programme is provided for new staff and NQTs.
You will be part of:
- An exciting and innovative development of an all-through learning community, graded, “Good” by Ofsted
- A dedicated team of staff who strive for excellence
- A caring and inclusive ethos where all are learners
- A school which has supportive Governors and Parents with high expectations of the school
- An Induction process that is committed to ongoing professional development
We believe that we can transform the learning of generations of children by having the full range of children on one site led by staff and supported by a community who share common values, learning and curriculum aims, polices, and practices all under one roof. We are a cutting edge learning community in the field of all-through education.
Buxton School offers staff:
- A wide range of opportunities for Staff CPD
- State of the art facilities in a new building
- Supportive Governing body and experienced Leadership Team
- All-Through school from Nursery to Year 11 with a creative and inspiring curriculum
- A fuller teaching timetable Monday to Thursday means a shorter working day on a Friday
Buxton School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Please note CVs will not be accepted.
For an application pack and further details, please download the details from the school website www.buxtonschool.org.uk or contact Stacey Bell, PA to Executive Head Teacher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am on Monday 19th April 2021