Fixed Term until 31st March 2022
Wokingham Borough Council is seeking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic, innovative Economic Data Analyst with excellent communication and organisational skills, who has the skills required to develop and project manage the Council’s work to support sustainable economic growth. The post-holder will have a key role in delivering the Council’s ‘COVID Recovery Plan’ and mitigating the negative impact of the pandemic on businesses and the economy across the Borough.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manipulate, analyse and interpret data on the economy
- Prepare reports for internal and external audiences
- Design and carry out surveys and analyse survey data
- Identify areas to improve and enhance processes
- Track performance against indicators
- Develop and support reporting processes
- Monitor and audit data quality
- Liaise with internal and external clients to fully understand data content
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualisations
- Provide sector and competitor benchmarking
- To work on other economic development initiatives as required.
Skills, Attributes and Experience
- A degree or equivalent
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of economic development and the role of local authorities
- Good communicator (both written and verbal)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to use Microsoft
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic and high profile team and would like to discuss the role further please contact Grant Thornton on 0780 166 4535
Closing date: Sunday 25th April, 11pm
Interviews: Week commencing 26th April (subject to change)
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.