Fixed Term until 31st March 2022
Wokingham Borough Council is seeking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic, innovative individual with excellent communication and organisational skills, who has the leadership skills required to develop and project manage the Council’s work to support sustainable economic growth. The post-holder will have a key role in delivering the Council’s ‘COVID Recovery Plan’ and mitigating the negative impact of the pandemic on businesses and the economy across the Borough.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To work on, and project manage, initiatives relating to the local Covid-19 economic recovery programme.
- To provide support to the development and delivery of the Council’s Economic Development Strategy
- To facilitate effective working relationships with partners both within and outside the Council to ensure that effective communication is in place and joint programmes are delivered.
- Research and analysis of information for project development.
- Report writing.
- Supporting related bids for external funding.
- To work on other economic development initiatives as required.
Skills, Attributes and Experience
- A degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of economic and business issues
- An understanding of project management
- Partnership working
- Experience of developing funding applications, report writing and project management
- Good communicator (both written and verbal)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to use Microsoft suit
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic and high profile team and would like to discuss the role further please contact Grant Thornton on 0780 166 4535
Closing date: Sunday 25th April, 11pm
Interviews: Week commencing 26th April (subject to change)
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.