Interested in earning and learning while making a real difference to a disabled child and their family in Surrey during your spare time?
In return for your time we can offer challenging and rewarding work as well as:
- £13.20 per hour
- Flexibility to work around your existing job
- Paid for travel expenses
- Paid for training and study time (NVQ3 or equivalent with supervision and child specific training)
- Work organised around your skills, experience and location in Surrey
Surrey Domiciliary Care Service is a countywide service providing care and support for children with disabilities in their home or in their local community. It aims to provide a quality assured service as part of a child’s care plan with the overall aim of improving outcomes for disabled children in Surrey.
Children’s Support Workers are matched to support our children based on their skills, experience and availability and we are looking to develop our team of Bank contracted workers across all areas of Surrey. These positions are zero hours which mean that although we do not guarantee to offer you any work on a regular basis neither are you required to accept any work offered if it is not convenient for you. We are able to offer hours of work before school, after school, weekends and school holidays.
We aim to match your availability to the child’s care plan based on your skills to ensure consistency. This is a challenging and varied role working with children with disabilities and the duties may include:
- Supporting children within their home
- Enabling them to reach their full potential by accessing leisure and community opportunities
- Providing personal care, including manual handling tasks
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Experience of working with children and young people
- An interest and understanding of the needs of disabled children and their families
- Flexibility to be able to work at key times including before/after school, evenings, weekends and school holidays. (Waking night shifts may also be available)
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
For an informal discussion regarding the positions please contact the Manager Jo Austin on 01737 737237 or email the duty inbox at email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis. If you are shortlisted for an interview we will contact you to arrange an interview date.
From flexible working to job sharing we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.