This is an exciting and wide-ranging role within Housing, working as part of the Tenancy Involvement Team (Neighbourhoods and Communities Team) at Wokingham Borough Council (WBC). The Tenancy Involvement Team has a varied remit of responsibilities including, tenant involvement, Housing complaints and compliments, policy, performance and improvement, customer engagement and other housing projects.
As a Housing Assistant (Customer Delivery Officer Level 1), you will be an ambassador for customer service. As one of the first people the Tenant or customer may engage with, it is your job to assess whether their call is a service request, an enquiry, reporting ASB or highlighting a complaint. Ensuring the tenant or customer is able to engage with the right person as soon as possible. Our Housing Assistants main aim are to help and support Tenants.
The specific tasks that you would be expected to undertake include:
- Answering calls using service standards.
- Using scripts / templates to pass on detailed and relevant information to other colleagues.
- To support Tenants and customers by signposting them to relevant information.
- To assist other areas of Housing with specific administration tasks and projects.
- To be responsible for completing any assigned actions.
- To be responsible for the administration and minute taking of some group meetings.
We are looking for an administrator with demonstrable skills and experience of working within a customer-focused environment.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have knowledge and experience of answering calls on behalf of an organisation, telephone manner, notes and minute taking.
- Be customer-focused, with a ‘can do’ attitude; be flexible, trustworthy and dependable.
- Be willing to work in an environment of continuous improvement and innovation, offering opinions, issues and solutions to your line manager.
- Have experience of working in a political organisation
- Be well organised, a resilient problem solver with the ability to manage your own workloads.
- Be a professional and polite team player, able to build and maintain positive working relationships and partnerships internally and externally.
- Able to use initiative, be proactive in contacting internal staff, and be diligent when asking queries or help from your team or manager
- Excellent levels of written and IT literacy.
If this sounds like you, and you have the proof of skills we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you.
Please ensure you read the Job Description and the above tasks and ideal candidate description carefully and match your experience to it on your online application form!
Closing date: 11pm, Friday 7 May 2021
Interview date: TBC
For further information about the role please contact Kim Jakubiszyn by telephone: 07801 664 382 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A full UK driving license and access to a vehicle would be useful.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer