EMPOWER LEARNING ACADEMY TRUST
BOWER PARK ACADEMY
Aspire to achieve, enjoy and excel
Bower Park Academy
Tel: 01708 730244
Principal: Mr Shahid Deen
2018 OFSTED ‘Good’ in all categories
“Pupils’ attitudes to school are positive. They are keen to learn and proud of their school.
Staff morale and their commitment to improvement is impressive.
A rigorous focus on teaching and learning has had a strong impact on improving standards.”
Salary: Leadership Scale L12 - L16 (£58,688 - £64,514 Inclusive of Outer London Weighting)
Required for September 2021
Are you looking for the next step in your career path? Would you like to work with a dynamic team of leaders? Do you want to join a school on a rapid journey to outstanding that puts teaching and learning at the centre?
Bower Park Academy is a popular and oversubscribed 11-16 co-educational school with over 900 pupils on roll and wish to appoint an ambitious and committed Assistant Principal who will have the skills, strength of will and character to work with the Senior Leadership Team in leading the Academy to the next phase of its journey. The areas of responsibility for this role are flexible depending on the successful candidates’ abilities and interests however experience in data tracking, intervention, assessment, examinations, curriculum and timetabling would be desirable.
The successful candidate will be:
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to contribute to the key areas of the School Development Plan;
- Able to demonstrate proven leadership qualities; and
- Capable of making an effective contribution in the duties and line management of the school.
What can Bower Park Academy offer you?
- A school where teaching and learning pedagogy is researched based
- Enthusiastic, well-motivated and behaved pupils who are eager to learn;
- Supportive and friendly staff;
- Opportunities to work with colleagues from across all four of our ELAT academies.
- A free membership to the award winning CPD platform ‘The National College’ and free Microsoft Office 365 licences for your household.
- Subscriptions to your Subject Association and the Chartered College of Teaching.
- Access to our National Teaching School for subject specialist CPD.
- Opportunities for future leadership training, qualifications and responsibilities.
- High quality, bespoke professional development.
- Flexible working opportunities.
- Non-contributory access to an Employee Assistance Programme which includes 24-hour telephone access to a doctor, counselling service and a legal helpline.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Deadline for applications:
Please forward your completed application to Mrs Debbie Grix @ Grixd@elatschools.co.uk by 12pm on 5th May 2021. Interviews are scheduled to take place on 11th May 2021.
Please note that, due to the high response expected for this position, we reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have a suitable pool of candidates, which could be prior to the closing date.
For further information, please contact Mrs Yvonne Brand, PA to the Principal, on 01708 741748 or by e-mail at BrandY@elatschools.co.uk
Bower Park Academy is an Equal Opportunities Employer and committed to safer recruitment so all applicants must be prepared to undergo screening to confirm their suitability to work with children.