See and feel the impact you make. Be supported to own and take action.
We want to help our most vulnerable residents to get their lives firmly on track. It’s why our Social Workers have the time to get to know everyone they work with, and we do, what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done. Put simply, we change lives for the better.
Because we are Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
Being part of wide MDT group working closely with Mental Health Professionals to ensure smooth access for support when needed. You will have ability to work flexibly from home and the office and free parking. There is wide range of support available from one to one to group supervision with consultant psychiatrists, access to reflective practice, and opportunity to act as a Practice Educator for the wider local authority team.
The CMHT OA role is to provide advice, information, support, and care to people with diagnosed memory problems and people with mental health needs who require the support of social care. We are proud to be advocating a good life at home and we aim to help people remain independent for as long as it is safe and possible to do so. We are proud of the service we deliver for the residents at Bracknell Forest Council and this is an opportunity to become integrated part of the highly experienced team.
Our focus is not only on those who are deemed eligible through the Care Act 2014, but to connect people to their communities and social networks and to problem solve together.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- As a qualified Social Worker, you will be expected to provide leadership, supervisory role and to act as a role model for the experienced social work team working alongside the Assistant Team Manager and wider leadership group within the service.
- To have an opportunity to utilise understanding in legislation by preparing and to support team members to prepare paperwork for Court of Protection, the Finance Team and to the Council’s Legal Department.
- To have access to wide range of training (internal and external), good IT systems to enable flexible working, individual as well as group supervision, free parking facilities and charging for electric / hybrid vehicles.
- To work as a Senior Social Worker as part of a multi-disciplinary team, connecting people and their families to their community/social network enabling them to live within their own communities and reduce dependence on long term care.
To participate in the Duty Safeguarding Manager rota and ensuring timely and effective safeguarding assessments and planning.
- To carry a small caseload of a volume and complexity as designated by the supervisor.
To have an opportunity to be acting as a practice educator for the newly qualified social workers within the wider council. And to be responsible for the training of relevant staff and students to enable them to keep up to date with and develop best practice.
- To take a departmental or team lead within a specified area of work as required.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Free parking and soon there is an opportunity to charge your electronic / hybrid vehicle whilst in office.
- Access to desk space as well as an opportunity to agile working from home and office.
- An inclusive and friendly working environment.
- Access to wide range of external and internal training and further developmental opportunities.
- Access to supervision provided by consultant psychiatrists and good internal supervision structure.
- Essential car user allowance and London Weighting
- Access to low interest car loan.
- Generous annual leave entitlement (increases after 3 years).
- Up to date IT kit with smart phone.
- A great office location with free car parking.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
What we're looking for...
We're seeking an enthusiastic people’s person who has good communication skills and desire to develop colleagues and participating ongoing development of best practice within Bracknell Forest Council. You will need to have previous experience working with older adults and to be a registered Social Worker. It is desirable if you have previous senior experience or a strong desire to provide leadership, guidance, and adherence within the legal parameters of the role. You must be committed to supporting staff, to have previous experience of providing supervision, ensuring high standards of practice and a good understanding of the Care Act 2014 and any other relevant legal framework to help to enable people to be connected to their community/social network and safeguarded from harm.
Interviews will be held on 11th June 2021
Want to ask a question...
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role.
Vicki Brown, Assistant Team Manager, or
Mari Longworth Community Service Manager, CMHT OA
tel. 01344 823220