Tree Inspection Specialist
We are looking to recruit two passionate Tree Inspection Officers to work in the Clienting Team to manage council owned trees within the “Tree Inspection Framework”. Working in partnership with the selected Tree Surgeons. The chosen applicant will have the opportunity to help us manage and maintain the estimated 100,000 trees across the borough.
As part of the Place Clienting team you will be a key team member working alongside passionate officers covering grounds maintenance, street cleansing and waste contracts as well as tree maintenance all with the goal of improving our environment and making these universal services work for our residents.
The role is a permanent position.
Key duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspection, Procuring and arranging maintenance of trees on Council land including our highways, public open spaces, cemeteries and play areas
- Responding to customer queries regarding Council owned trees
- Working with the contract management and monitoring team to effectively manage Council owned trees
- Solving problems and using judgement to make decisions regarding Council owned trees
- Working collaboratively with the rest of the team to help provide quality public open spaces
- Manage health and safety for the work area
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience working with different stakeholders
- Experience managing trees
- Knowledge of managing maintenance budgets
- Lantra certified in tree inspection
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Experience commissioning remedial and/or health and safety work
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Adept at working with various software systems
Requirement: Full UK driving licence required
Closing date: Wednesday 26 May 2021
Interview date: TBC
For an informal discussion, please contact: Richard Bisset on Richard.Bisset@wokingham.gov.uk
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. WBC is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please follow the link to the online Application Form. CV’s are not accepted.