Head of Corporate Communications
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Corporate Communications team is friendly and professional and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality service we provide to our customers.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our team
Our Corporate Communications team support, enhance and protect our reputation; allowing us to continue to create places for people to call home and support them to live well.
The variety in the team’s work reflects the breadth of services we offer and the invaluable support provided to the wider One Housing community.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Head of Corporate Communications.
The Corporate Communications team supports the organisation to achieve its corporate objectives. It proactively drives forward communications activities, ensuring that they are aligned to our vision – we create places for people to call home and support them to live well - and our corporate values. Our work is founded on the principle that communications activities should enhance the experience of the audience by providing the right information, at the right time, in the right way and applying best practice.
The post holder is responsible for planning and delivering the communications strategy and annual work plan that contributes to the success of the organisation’s corporate objectives with internal, customer and corporate audiences. To safeguard and develop the organisation’s brand and reputation and make a demonstrable contribution to meeting business goals by advising senior management on all aspects of communications.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and managing the corporate communication strategy that supports business objectives, our brand and reputation.
- Leading, inspiring and continually developing the communications team to ensure strong performance and high levels of satisfaction and engagement.
- Proactively providing professional communications and marketing advice and strategic guidance to all parts of the business.
- Delivering an integrated programme of activities that is targeted and tailored to the needs of each audience group and utilises the full range of communication channels.
- Overseeing the management of our press activity and put in place strategic plans to ensure the organisation’s reputation is protected
- Delivering a programme of proactive public relations and public affairs to increase engagement among stakeholders and position the organisation as a leader in the sector.
- Ensuring our website and corporate communication systems and channels are modern, engaging and support business activity.
- Further developing the organisation’s brand by ensuring consistent use across all channels and building greater awareness
- Regular use of metrics to analyse communications activity and performance in order to continually improve team and organisational performance.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly, resilient and engaging. The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge and experience of the full marketing mix.
- A thorough understanding of data protection law relating to marketing and communications. working in a regulated environment and the impact this has on the delivery of marketing and communications activity.
- Experience of handling difficult messages and advising on the most effective use of communications to manage risk.
- Experience of delivering integrated projects across offline and digital channels.
- A background in crisis communications, change management and strategic planning.
- Experience across corporate, customer and internal audiences.
- A solid understanding of website and intranet content management systems, e-mail marketing software, Google analytics and customer relationship management systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Excellent copywriting and proof reading skills and be able to adapt style for different channels and audiences.
- Strong management, negotiating and influencing skills.
- An ability to deliver communications and marketing ideas and best practice to colleagues with little or no experience in marketing.
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
Salary: To £57,500pa 12 month FTC (maternity Cover)
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year. (not for statutory employees)
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
- About us
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Communications Team.