An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced administrator to join our in house service based in Housing Asset Management for a one year fixed term contract.
The role requires administrative support to the Housing Adaptation Team to enable the delivery of an effective home adaptation service that meets the needs of disabled and vulnerable customers.
As the Specialist Grants Administrator, you will be responding to applicant’s enquiries and directing them to the appropriate team members, organising meetings and minutes, producing Disabled Facilities Grant documentation, minor works processing, invoicing, filing and inputting of data on to spreadsheets, and general administrative activities.
You will be able to work independently, taking ownership of the administration needs of the service and using your initiative to work effectively as a valued team member.
We are an employer that supports flexible working practices.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Assistance with the processing of Disabled Facilities Grants and Minor Works
- Responsive to the customer journey and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction
- Accurately maintain spreadsheets, client files and the team mailbox - including sensitive data
- Ensuring confidentiality of information of records maintained and tasks undertaken
- To regularly update databases and information systems
- Processing of contractor invoices in a timely fashion
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Proficient in the use of IT (Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to create letters, emails, presentations and documents competently
- Committed team player and excellent communicator with a high customer focus
- Ability to pay attention to detail and work accurately with figures
- Confident telephone manner and the ability to actively listen
- 5 GCSE (A* - C) to include English and Maths, or equivalent (or appropriate experience)
Closing date for applications: 11.00pm 7th May 2021
Interview date: TBC
For an informal discussion, please contact: Di Brown email@example.com
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.