Rise Park Academy Trust
Annan Way, Romford, Essex RM1 4UD
Telephone: 01708 761935
Executive Head teacher: Mrs Carolyn Fox
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Leadership Scale L6 - L10 (dependent upon experience)
Start: Required for September 2021
Rise Park Academy Trust is a successful, progressive Multi Academy Trust in the London Borough of Havering. We are set in pleasant surroundings on the edge of the green belt with close proximity to both countryside and central London. We are fortunate to benefit from talented and hardworking staff, supportive parents, committed directors and enthusiastic well-behaved pupils who are keen to learn.
The Infant School is an approved DfE sponsor school which leads Rise Park Academy Trust. It is an ambitious and vibrant place to work, with a traditional ethos, which enjoys a good reputation in the area. We have a commitment to inclusion at all levels, with staff who maintain high expectations of achievement for the pupils, as well as for themselves.
The children, staff and directors of Rise Park Academy Trust are seeking to appoint an energetic and driven person who is forward thinking and ambitious, to join our leadership team as Deputy Headteacher of the Infant and Junior Schools. We are looking for someone with high expectations for leading change and continuing to improve outcomes for all of our children, from the Foundation Stage to Year 6.
The new Deputy Headteacher will lead teaching and learning and curriculum across the school, consistently raising standards in order to take our progressive and exciting schools to their outstanding future.
This post will include a substantive one day per week deputisation for the role of Head of Junior School, as well as a safeguarding responsibility as DSL for the Junior School, which will provide the successful candidate with a broad and valuable wealth of experience within a range of roles across EYFS, KS1 and KS2.
We can offer:
- A happy, welcoming working environment, with exceptional opportunities for career progression
- Dedicated, caring and motivated staff teams who provide mutual cross-phase support
- Happy, confident, well behaved children who enjoy their learning experiences
- A committed board of directors and a supportive wider school community
- Excellent provision for you to further develop your skills and experience over time
- A growing and developing Multi-Academy Trust, which offers current and future options for professional expansion and diversity.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has the ability to contribute to the living mobilisation of our clear strategy, vision and values in order to continue to raise pupil achievement and secure onward development
- Is energetic, driven, highly motivated and a consistently positive role model for all
- Is pragmatic, resilient and has a ‘can do’ approach to both operational and strategic challenges as they arise
- Will support the leadership team in the academy trust’s drive towards further improvement
- Has excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills and uses these to both maintain staff morale and the trust’s local/national profile
- Is dedicated to working in partnership with pupils, parents, directors, other professional agencies and the wider school community
- Can model best practice in the classroom when required and lead training to share and develop the best practice of others
- Has proven ability to accelerate pupil progress and consistently raise standards in all pupil groups
- Can utilise internal, local and national data proficiently in order to report to a range of stakeholders and external agencies
- Has high expectations for the achievement, behaviour and welfare of all pupils.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school by prior arrangement. Please call Mrs Christine Young, Finance/Resources Manager, on 01708 761935 to arrange a visit.
Please apply online.
Closing date for applications: Friday 7th May 2021 (Noon)
Interviews: Week commencing 10th May 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.