Contracts Manager - Fire
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Property Services team is knowledgeable, skilled, friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high quality of service we provide.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Property Services team as a Contracts Manager – Fire
Housing sits at the heart of our organisation. We believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. Our Property Services team is crucial in helping us deliver on this vision.
The team works on the provision and maintenance of our large portfolio of properties. This demands strong organisational skills and the ability to work collaboratively with customers, other teams and external service providers.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Contracts Manager – Fire based in Camden. However, this role is currently working from home. In the future, travel to sites around London will be required. Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical advice and contract management for the testing, maintenance and repair and replacement of active fire safety systems across the One Housing portfolio
- Ensuring that the organisation meets its statutory and regulatory requirements in respect of active fire safety systems
- Leading on all aspects of contract management, including procuring and mobilising contracts; chairing core group meetings, setting appropriate KPI’s and reviewing performance data
- Utilise management information to continually improve the service and ensure compliance targets are achieved
- Preparing budget bids to support service delivery; regularly reviewing management accounts, reforecasting budgets where required and providing supporting commentary for internal reporting.
- Leading on the provision of active fire safety systems contract/compliance advice for the organisation
What you will need succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and is friendly and positive. The successful candidate will:
- Knowledge and experience of MS office software
- Be a strong contractor management in any field as fire safety can be taught in this role
- Be a team player and be able to work on their own initiative
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical information clearly, accurately and convincingly through speech and/or in writing
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £50-55,000
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year.
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Property Services team.