About the role
An opportunity to recruit two Planning Officers has become available in our Development Management team. This is an exciting time for you to join us and develop your career. We have a busy programme of work and can offer a varied and interesting planning caseload. The District Plan (adopted in 2018) sets out ambitious plans for growth including a range of strategic sites across the district. We are also working in partnership with Epping Forest and Harlow Councils on the ‘Harlow and Gilston Garden Town’, which will set the benchmark for place-shaping and delivering housing growth.
We are looking for two positive and committed team players with a passion for high quality sustainable development. You will be proactive in seeking to achieve improvement in planning and development schemes and the delivery of cases in accordance with established performance management targets. You will have a caseload of your own planning and other related applications, and be supporting the continued implementation of the District Plan (adopted in 2018)
- Responsible for a varied case load of planning and other related applications
- Provision of pre-application advice
- Provision of the Council’s duty officer service
- Ensuring that development of the highest quality is secured meeting policy and corporate objectives
The ideal candidate will have
- A degree in town and country planning, geography or an environmental related subject
- Experience in development management
- Good communication skills with the ability to deliver planning information in a positive and proactive way
- The ability to assimilate, understand and articulate issues rapidly
- A valid, full driving licence
How to apply
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Sara Saunders, Head of Planning and Building Control on 01992 531656.
To apply for this role please click the link below.
Closing date: Monday 10 May at 9am
Interviews will be held in late May 2021
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has not been successful.
If your application has been successful, the recruiting manager will contact you to invite you to an interview. We hope you enjoy the process and look forward to making contact with you very soon.
EHC is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, religious belief age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity