We are looking for an outstanding classroom practitioner of Music to join our Creative Arts Faculty and become an integral part of the school. The post will appeal to recently qualified teachers, or experienced teachers with a strong track record wishing to join a dynamic and supportive team, committed to the pursuit of excellence in the teaching of Music.
The Music department enjoys excellent facilities including two fully equipped IMAC classrooms, 8 purpose built practice rooms, an ensemble rehearsal space and boasts a strong uptake of free instrumental tuition for all interested pupils. The successful candidate should have enthusiasm for the subject and bring new ideas to help develop pupils’ practical skills. Strong keyboard and vocal skills and the ability to lead the Academy choir would also be welcomed.
Drapers’ Academy has much to offer:
- A clear vision for our school to deliver high standards of education for its community
- All staff receive an iPad
- State-of-the-art campus surrounded by acres of countryside
- An environment that promotes innovation
- Opportunities to teach across KS3, 4 and 5
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme provided by the Education Support Network, offering individual support, information and advice including financial, legal and home-life and work-related issues
- Committed and supportive Senior Leadership Team
- Our own 6th Form dedicated to A Level teaching
- Membership of the Havering Teacher Training Partnership to support NQT induction, teacher training and CPD of staff at all levels
- An employer who invests in the development of their staff with a commitment to your ongoing professional development
- Close proximity to the M25 (Junction 28, Brentwood) and the A12 for ease of access from London, Kent, Essex or Hertfordshire and ample secure on-site parking
- Short bus journey from Harold Wood (Cross Rail) train station
- Committed sponsors – The Drapers’ Company and Queen Mary University of London.
Drapers’ Academy is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
To find out more about Drapers’ Academy or our Trust please visit: www.drapersacademy.com or www.drapers-schools.com
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in the commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
Further details about this post and an Application Form are available by visiting our school website.
Closing date: Monday 10th May 2021 at 12pm
Drapers’ Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references.