Empower Learning Academy Trust
HALL MEAD SCHOOL
Marlborough Gardens, Upminster, Essex RM14 1SF
Tel: 01708 225684 x 258
Head Teacher: Simon London
Family for Life.
2013 OFSTED ‘Outstanding’ in all categories
National Teaching School and National Support School.
“Students’ positive relationships with one another and staff promote consistently excellent learning.”
Vacancy: Head of Department- History
Salary: Main/ Upper Pay Scale
(Inclusive of Outer London Weighting)
Allowance- TLR 2B (£4783)
Required for September 2021
- Do you want to join a high achieving, passionate History team?
- Do you want to work in a team where lessons are co-planned, best practice is shared and teachers support one another?
- Do you want to join an outstanding school that puts teaching and learning at the centre?
Hall Mead School, wishes to appoint an outstanding practitioner of History to lead our talented History team who pride themselves on having a well-sequenced, fully resourced History curriculum. The post would suit an experienced teacher looking for the next step in their career.
You will be responsible for delivering quality and creativity to teaching, learning and assessment.
We are a heavily over-subscribed academy with a strong reputation in the local community.
In January 2021 we moved into a brand-new school building, with state-of-the-art facilities including brand new history rooms, all with large wall mounted interactive HD screens in all classrooms.
As part of the Trust’s commitment to developing our aspiring staff, we are keen to appoint someone who wants to further their professional development beyond middle leadership and work towards one of the accredited CPD courses the ELAT Trust can offer including the:
- Various Teaching School Programmes
- A Talent Management Course
Staff at Hall Mead School benefit from:
- A chance to work in a school where behaviour is excellent and pupils are eager to learn.
- Opportunities to work with colleagues from across all four of our ELAT academies.
- A free membership to the award winning CPD platform ‘The National College’ and free Microsoft Office 365 licences for your household.
- Subscriptions to your Subject Association and the Chartered College of Teaching.
- Access to our National Teaching School for subject specialist CPD.
- Opportunities for future leadership training, qualifications and responsibilities.
- High quality, bespoke professional development.
- Flexible working opportunities.
- Non-contributory access to an Employee Assistance Programme to include 24-hour telephone access to a doctor, counselling service and a legal helpline.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Please forward your completed application to Debbie Grix, at email@example.com by 4pm on Monday 10th May 2021 with interviews to follow shortly thereafter.
Please note that, due to the high response expected for this position, we reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have a suitable pool of candidates, which could be prior to the closing date
For further information, please email Debbie Grix, HR Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hall Mead School is committed to safer recruitment so all applicants must be prepared to undergo screening to confirm their suitability to work with children.
Hall Mead School is an Equal Opportunities employer.