Governance Clerk/Data Protection Officer
Lime Trust is looking for a Governance Clerk/Data Protection Officer to join their Central Team.
Lime Trust is a growing Multi-Academy Trust, which currently consists of 8 schools, 4 special and 4 primary, in Cambridgeshire and North and East London.
This post will have a requirement to travel to all the Trust schools as needed; therefore, the successful candidate will need to have the flexibility to be able to do this as necessary.
Vision and values
The Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school-to-school collaboration and Trust direction, high challenge and high support. All schools in the Trust strive to improve life chances for all and be respected in their local communities.
The Lime Way:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting children first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity-rich schools
The values we embed in our schools are:
- Communication (a voice for all)
The successful candidate
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to:
- Provide effective governance support across the Trust, including accurate minute taking, ensuring compliance with governance law and guidance, and admin support to Governors and relevant Trust personnel
- Ensure the Trust’s compliance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (DPA)
The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills, and be proactive and confident working with people. The successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- Knowledge and understanding of the education system, governance and data protection matters in particular
- Experience of working in related areas of work
- Experience of working in a context involving children/young people and their families, and a commitment to following and promoting the Trust’s values and the principle of inclusion at all times
- Experience of prioritising varied and conflicting work demands and an ability to work under pressure
The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration, support and development, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike. Benefits include:
- A welcoming and supportive team
- Hardworking, motivated, supportive colleagues and leadership teams
- Employee assistance programme
- Support with the government child care voucher scheme
- CPD opportunities, including support with external courses for career development
- Enhanced maternity leave benefits
- National pay rates
- Cycle to work scheme
Closing date: 21 May 2021
Shortlisting: 23 May 2021
Please contact the Trust Head of Governance on email@example.com to discuss the role further and/or arrange a visit to one of our schools. Visits to our schools are warmly welcomed.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check). References will be taken up before appointment.