The Lime Trust is looking for a Family Support Worker to join their team. The Lime Trust consists of 8 schools, 4 Special and 4 Primary in Cambridgeshire and North and East London.
Lime Academy Forest Approach is a special school in the London Borough of Havering for children and young pupils with complex needs including learning difficulties, physical impairment, sensory impairment, ASC and SEMH aged 2-19.
The Lime Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school-to-school collaboration and Trust direction, high challenge and high support. All schools in the Lime Trust strive to improve life chances for all and respected in their local communities.
The Lime Way:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting children first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity rich schools
The Values we embed in our schools are:
- Communication (a voice for all)
The successful candidate will act as a key contact for parents/carers to support their contact with school and outside agencies, e.g. social services, and the wider community, breaking down barriers to progress and attainment. Duties and responsibilities will also include supporting the Safeguarding work of the school; leading on Early Help Assessments and Children in Need. This can be a challenging environment, therefore determination and resilience are key characteristics for the post.
We are looking for a Family Support Worker who can:
- Support children and families where there are social barriers to accessing education or to the children maintaining health and wellbeing
- Conduct pupil and family assessments to determine need.
- Support parents/carers in writing EHC plans.
- Write CAFs and Family CAFs in order to move the work with clients forward in a cohesive manner, appropriate to the needs identified.
- Co-work with local authority social workers in the management of Child Protection cases under section 47 of the Children Act.
- Chair or participate in, as appropriate, the range of meetings required for pupils at Section 17 level and section 47 level (particularly core group meetings) TAC, TAF and other meetings with families.
- To be a member of the school safeguarding team.
Please see job description for more duties and responsilities.
- Trust Benefits:
- Welcoming and a supportive team
- Hardworking, motivated, supportive colleagues and leadership teams
- Employee assistance programme
- Support the government childcare voucher scheme
- CPD opportunities including support with external courses for career development
- Enhanced Maternity leave benefits
- National pay rates
- Cycle to work scheme
Closing date: 11 May 2021
Shortlisting: 12 May 2021
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange on 01708343649.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check). References will be taken up before appointment.