Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
£34,884 - £43,860 per annum, plus a retention payment of £4,000 per annum for Social Workers in our Children in Need and Need of Protection teams
We are looking for experienced, knowledgeable, skilled social workers who want to invest their energy into achieving better and better outcomes for our children and their families every day.
Our Children in Need and Need of Protection teams work alongside families and our Key Working teams to reduce risk to the children in a timely way. We use Signs of Safety to help families recognise danger and use their own strengths to overcome dangers. We use evidence based practice tools to assist social workers in making recommendations. Senior managers share risk to ensure decisions are safe, balanced and in the child's best interest.
Ofsted said the following about the Children in Need and Need of Protection service:
- Social workers consistently use risk assessment tools to establish the risks associated with domestic abuse, stalking and honour-based violence
- Social workers understand the complexity of risks to children and this is given significant consideration and analysis in multi-agency strategy meetings and risk assessments
- Plans for children in need of help and protection are a significant strength and are of excellent quality
The children and family key worker service provides effective interventions that enable families to implement changes that lead to reduced risk for children with child in need or child protection plans.
We are looking for Social Workers who have children's rights inscribed in their hearts and children's aspirations focused in their minds. We are looking for experienced, knowledgeable, skilled social workers who want to invest their energy into achieving better outcomes for our children and their families every day.
- You must have a Social Work qualification
- You must have at least 12 months' postgraduate experience and completed your ASYE, where applicable
- You must be able to evidence a commitment to your own development since qualification
- You must be registered with Social Work England
- Previous experience working in a Children in Need or Child Protection service
What we offer
How will we help you develop as a social worker?
- As part of the West London Alliance and West London Teaching Partnership, Hillingdon has a PCF/KSS led training programme to provide all social workers with focused development opportunities.
- You will be surrounded by emotionally intelligent, dedicated social workers and leaders who model a "Children First" ethos. Every conversation you have will enhance your learning.
- You will have regular, reflective supervision and group supervision.
- You will be trained to use risk assessment tools and apply strength-based models of restorative practice to achieve best outcomes for children.
- You will be provided with equipment to assist mobile and flexible working.
- You will receive regular feedback from children and young people about your practice and how it impacts on their lives.
- You will have access to a clear career pathway with opportunity to grow in accordance to your talent and need.