Star Primary School
Star Lane, Canning Town, London, E16 4NH
Tel: 020 7476 5336
Deputy Day Care Manager
Little Stars Daycare
Salary - Scale 6 £24,134.59 - £25,010.97 pro-rata
Required June/July 2021
Full Time (36 Hours per week/39 weeks/year) – Permanent Position
Star Primary School is a Rights Respecting School situated in the London Borough of Newham, catering for children aged 3 to 11 years. Star Primary School are opening a brand new Day Care provision for ‘’Little Stars’’ aged 0 to 3 years. The Little Stars Day Care provision will predominantly cater for staff children from Star Primary and neighbouring Newham schools; offering local professionals a day-care setting that caters for the needs educational staff as well as meeting the needs of professional parents in the local community.
This day-care provision will offer a setting that promotes independence, curiosity, problem solving and a passion for learning in line with our current EYFS curriculum.
Our Head Teacher and Governors are looking to appoint a professional, dedicated, hardworking and enthusiastic Deputy Day Care Manager to join the Star community.
The person appointed will be responsible for:
- To provide high standards of care and early learning – to include the monitoring and review of provision, this includes providing a safe, caring environment to enable the personal, emotional, social and educational development of children, through individual attention and group activities.
- To support the aims and objectives of the Day Care and assist the Manager in the organisation of a high-quality establishment for children from birth to 3 years.
- Promoting our standards of excellence in every part of your role.
- Assisting with monitoring the Day Care planning, observation and assessment procedures.
- To work under the direction of the Day Care Manager and deputise as and when required.
Qualification / Experience Requirements:
- NNEB or BTEC NAT DIP or CACHE DIP in Childcare or NVQ Level 2/3
- GCSE Maths and English – Grade C or above.
- 2 satisfactory references.
Completed applications should be marked for the attention of Forhana Begum and returned to the school office.
CV’s will not be accepted.
Visits to the school are warmly invited. Please make an appointment to visit the school through Forhana Begum on 0207 476 5336, they will be made in line with COVID safety measures.
Application forms are available from the school website directly or email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday 20th May 2021
Interviews to be held on: Tuesday 25th May 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.