Westminster Drive, Southport, Merseyside. PR8 2QZ
Tel: 01704 577163
Headteacher: Mr P Chadwick
Teacher (Full Time)
Fixed Term until 31st August 2022
(MPS/UPR) Plus 1 SEN Point
Required for September 2021
Merefield School is an all age, 3-19 Special School in Ainsdale. We cater for 105 students with severe and complex learning needs. We have carefully and meticulously created a curriculum that stimulates and challenges each of our students based on their individual needs and starting points. Our personalised approach and tailored assessment systems ensure that all students make outstanding progress during their time at Merefield School.
We are looking for a creative practitioner to join our teaching team. If you want to make a difference to young people’s lives, are inspiring, highly motivated and hardworking, we look forward to receiving your application.
We are looking for someone who is:
- An outstanding classroom practitioner with recent experience in an SEN school
- Dedicated to the welfare, safeguarding and achievement of every child
- Able to inspire, challenge and motivate all students and lead by example
- Creative, innovative and has a passion for improvement
- Forward thinking and committed to raising standards
- Organised and has highly developed communication skills
- Demonstrate they can deliver educational progress and outcomes for SEND children.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues, families and other professionals
- Knowledgeable about the learning needs of students with a range of barriers to overcome
- A reflective practitioner who is committed to personal development and willing to learn
- Able to demonstrate their commitment to child centred values
Candidates are strongly encouraged to visit our website to learn more about the school.
Merefield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The post is registered as exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Merefield School and Sefton is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com and marked for the attention of Mr. Peter Chadwick, Headteacher.
Visits to the school are welcome at the end of the school day and are to be booked by contacting Gemma Parker, School Business Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 17th May 2021 – 9am
Shortlisting: 17th May 2021
Interviews: 24th May 2021