Brighter Futures for Children
Full Time, Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2023
About Brighter Futures for Children
Brighter Futures for Children is improving outcomes for Reading's children, young people and families.
We are an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough.
- We protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading.
- We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy, and successful lives.
- We embrace new and proven ways of working, including; Trauma Informed practice, Restorative approaches, Strong partnership working, Quick and appropriate decision-making.
Along with our partners, we believe early help is a collaborative approach and response, not a single provision. We know that early help, at the right time, in the right place improves outcomes for children and young people. This is where our Partnership Outreach Workers come in; these roles are critical to ensuring that emerging needs within families are supported by practitioners known to the family. You will be responsible for promoting partnership working at its best and this is a real opportunity to make a difference. You will need passion, tenacity, energy and enthusiasm to drive change. Confidence and credibility to quickly forge and develop working relationships and identify opportunities to embed early help arrangements.
What we are looking for:
To be successful in this role you will need substantial experience of working with children and young people in either a paid or voluntary capacity as well as experience of:
- working with families / parents/carers
- working in a multi-agency environment
- Working within a safeguarding environment with families with complex needs.
- Completing assessments, plans & reviews to ensure positive outcomes for children, young people and families.
Although you will be fully supported within a team environment you will need to be proactive and able to work on your own initiative identifying potential barriers and solutions with internal and external stakeholders whilst driving through change in a sensitive but tenacious manner.
For an informal discussion please contact Anna Batty (Strategic Lead, Partnership & Prevention) on 07976295835. Please note I will not be available between 10th – 14th May 2021.
Closing date: Sunday 16th May 2021
Shortlisting: 19th May 2021
Interviews: 28th May 2021 (via Microsoft Teams)