We are looking for an experienced, customer focused Electrical Qualifying Supervisor to join our Repairs and Investment Team. This is a key role in the delivery and management within our Repairs Team at Charnwood Borough Council. You will lead, manage and motivate a team of front-line staff working to deliver a first-class service to our customers in Charnwood’s housing stock of over 5700 properties.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be qualified to NVQ Level 2 or City & Guilds in Electrical Installation work 2382-12 and 2391 or 2392 and part P knowledge.
- Have experience as an Electrical Qualified Supervisor.
- Carry out a wide range of electrical work and repairs associated with the maintenance and adaptation of Council properties and public buildings.
- Have exceptional communication skills and the ability to lead, motivate and inspire the in-house electrical team providing advice and guidance, delivering toolbox talks, undertaking one-to-one meetings and Personal Reviews, ensuring training requirements are delivered.
- Lead on managing the Council’s electrical registration and work with accredited bodies and electrical consultants in respect of third-party audits.
- Audit and inspect electrical works to ensure that work carried out is to a high standard and in accordance with legislation and the Council’s specification.
- Ensure that adequate risk assessments are in place, that they are regularly reviewed and that safe working practices are adhered to.
- Assist the Principal Officer - Repairs & Maintenance with daily duties in managing the delivery of the Repairs and Maintenance service.
The post holder must be able to drive and have access to a vehicle to undertake site visits.
With a population of over 171,000, Charnwood is one of the largest district councils in the country in terms of the number of residents. The borough sits centrally between the three cities of Nottingham, Derby and Leicester, extending from the town of Loughborough in the north to the edge of Leicester to the south. Charnwood is easily accessible from the M1 and the high-speed rail link between Sheffield and London.
For further information, please contact Sean Bower, Principal Officer Repairs and Maintenance email@example.com
To apply online and to access the Job Profile, please visit our website at www.recruitment.charnwood.gov.uk
No agencies and no CVs please.
Closing date: 23 May 2021