This rare and exciting opportunity offers the chance to further develop your planning knowledge and strengthen your skillset in a supportive working environment.
Uttlesford has a picturesque rural landscape (with significant development challenges) and we are looking for someone who would like to become a planner or has some experience and would like a move to an authority where you will gain experience in a diverse district.
Working within the Development Management Team – key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a Case Officer for complex planning applications and appeals including residential and commercial developments (commensurate with experience).
- Taking a proactive project management approach to proposals from pre-application stage to delivery
- Presenting and explaining applications to the Planning Committee (commensurate with experience).
- Applying local and national policy to ensure developments create high quality and sustainable places
- Presenting evidence in planning appeals (commensurate with experience).
To be successful in the role you must have excellent interpersonal and IT skills. You will also have a confident methodical and organised approach to your workload, be calm under pressure with the ability to work to strict deadlines.
At Uttlesford we invest in our staff and will offer you support and training to help move your career forward.
Benefit package for this position includes:
• Paid holidays
• Contributory Local Government Pension Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health
• Flex scheme and home working opportunities
• Volunteering opportunities
• Vine extras – Employee discount scheme
• Health and Wellbeing/Time to Change commitment
For an informal discussion please contact Maria Shoesmith North Team Leader on 01799 510556 or William Allwood on 01799 510495.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via our online recruitment link which is available on our website https://www.uttlesford.gov.uk/for-jobs/Applying-for-a-job
The closing date for completed applications is 17 May 2021.
Interviews will be held week commencing 24 May 2021
CVs will not be accepted.
We positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Previous applicants need not apply.