Are you motivated to work for an ambitious Organisation, here to empower and inspire our communities to thrive?
Here’s some information about us
We are here to empower and inspire our communities to thrive. Every staff member plays a part in our success and achievement through challenging what we do, how we do it and how we can do it better. Ideas are continuously encouraged, new ways of working are trialled and we apply learning through experience. Through our ‘one team’ approach, we work in an agile way to empower our staff to be able to make decisions that place our customers at the heart of what we do.
We are delivering our innovative and forward thinking Customer Connect Programme which is transforming the way we deliver services by maximising digital technology and putting customers at the heart of everything we do. The programme is improving services, enabling valued customers to do business with us in a simpler way. Our new operating model will see traditional roles working very differently. Continued development of our people is central to our success.
We are proud of South Lakeland District and we serve communities across a rural area that includes two national parks, with the majority of the stunning Lake District National Park in our district, as well as western parts of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. With friendly communities, low crime rate, cultural attractions and excellent motorway and West Coast Mainline links to the North West, South Lakeland rightly promotes itself as the ‘best place to live, work and explore.’
The Shared ICT Service was created in 2012 between South Lakeland District Council and Eden District Council. We provide the whole range of ICT Services to both Councils and are a key resource in developing the Digital solutions, to underpin the transformation which is taking place in both Councils.
We Are South Lakeland.
Some details about the role
We are seeking to appoint a Shared ICT Infrastructure Lead to join our Shared ICT Service with Eden District Council. Reporting to the Head of Shared ICT, as Infrastructure Lead you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting the Council’s ICT infrastructure, including Data Centre, Firewalls, LAN, WAN and VPN. You will be supported by a dedicated Shared Infrastructure Officer and you will also receive support from both the ICT Operations and ICT Digital Teams when required.
The role will require you to work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure our infrastructure is operating in an optimum way to support required objectives in both Councils.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the security of the infrastructure, monitoring suspect activity and ensuring our defences are in line with best practice. A key element to this is the annual ‘Security Health Check’ and regular scanning of network devices, both in line with government requirements and industry best practice.
Although it will be possible to work from home, it will be necessary to attend site as necessary to fulfil the role, this will involve site visits to locations in the districts of both South Lakeland and Eden. The role will be based in Kendal.
What we are looking for in you
- Degree or higher diploma level qualification in a computing related subject or equivalent level of demonstrable experience.
- Experience of working in a multi-site organisation with on premise data centre and with connectivity to public and private cloud environments. Where staff are able to work from any location including at home and while mobile.
- Experience of designing, configuring, managing and supporting network infrastructure.
- Experience of designing, configuring, managing and supporting high availability virtual Data Centres.
- Experience of building and configuring virtual servers running Microsoft standard components in line with industry best practice.
- Experience of managing and maintaining corporate infrastructure in line with best practice and in compliance with security best practice.
- Experience of implementing and supporting network design and security using Firewall and VPN technologies.
- Experience of monitoring infrastructure to highlight security threats and opportunities to drive continual improvement.
- Experience of designing, implementing and testing Disaster Recovery Plans and required technology.
- Experience of implementing and supporting Endpoint Security Management solutions
(For full details, please refer to the Job Description).
What we offer
- Being part of an innovative, forward thinking, supportive and solutions focused team
- Smart working – working in a ways that gets the best outcomes
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement (23 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays (raising to 28 days after 5 years service))
- Flexi time – being able to accrue up to 13 additional flexi days + 5 additional banked flexi days per annum
- An attractive pension scheme
Would you like to join us, share and develop the experience and above all, make a difference…?
For further information including the Role Profile and details of how to apply, please visit via the link below.
We are unable to accept CVs alone for job vacancies, however, they can be attached to the application form.
For an informal discussion about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Ben Wright, in the first instance by e mail – email@example.com Candidates that are shortlisted for interview will be informed by email.
Closing date for application: Monday 24th May 2021
Interviews will be held: Week Commencing 14th June 2021